Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Snipping Tool

What to snip? What to snip?  I decided to go with something that reinforces something
I've learned. I snipped from an article called Technology for 21st Century Learning: Part 1

I have this article in my Diigo Library and you can follow the link if you want to read it in its entirety. 

I think this is a good reminder that we shouldn't teach at our students.  Learning is an experience!

Using the snipping tool was fast and simple.  And I learned how to insert an image on my blog!  I can see how this could be very useful for teaching.  I think it would be especially useful when creating step by step directions.  You could include snips of each step along with directions or annotations.  It would also be great for students to use for reports or presentations.
ISTE/NETS
2a.design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity. Using the snipping tool gives students plenty of opportunities to express creativity while promoting student learning. 
3d.model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning. The snipping tool is a tool students could use to supplement their research projects with both images and annotation.
4a.advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources. Using the snipping tool would provide a great opportunity to discuss copyright laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment