Thursday, September 16, 2010

Google Draw Tool

I initially had a little trouble with this assignment.  To begin with, I could not use the Google Draw Tool in Internet Explorer.  Even when I downloaded Google Chrome the draw tool did not work.  I tried from Firefox and had no problems.  Then, when I tried to embed the image (again in Internet Explorer) all I was getting was a box with a red x.  It finally dawned on me to try it in Firefox, and sure enough, I had no issues.  I'm curious to see if it can be viewed in Internet Explorer. You can see my computer session chart here.  I've never used an online drawing tool before.  In fact, the only drawing tool I've ever used was in Microsoft Word, and that was very minimal.  I think this is another great example of a tool in which all students could have access to.
ISTE/NETS
2c customize and personalize learning activities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources. I think using the drawing tool would be a very customized activity that would demonstrate each students understanding of an activity as well as the drawing tool itself. 
2a.design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.   I  think this tool could be used to create charts for different concepts such as life cycles, the water cycle, or any graphical representation of data that would promote student learning. 
3a.demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations. Because I had to use multiple browsers, and I had a little prior knowledge, I thought this standard was appropriate.


3 comments:

  1. To answer my own question, I can see my image in Firefox, but not IE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you embed that image into your blog? You have an excellent blog.

    ReplyDelete