Thursday, September 9, 2010

Self Portrait

Sleepy by Tracy: "Picassohead"

Picassohead is a unique site that allows you to create images using predetermined shapes. Most everyone creates likenesses of people, but in the gallery I did see someone who created a bird. I am not an abstract person so this was a bit challenging for me. I created more than one self-portrait before I was satisfied. To begin with, I hated all of the options for hair! So I made my own using masses of eyebrows. After adding twenty or so eyebrows I discovered that I could scale up each eyebrow to cover more space and give the appearance of thicker hair. Also, the noses seemed too bulbous or too angular. I don’t have a petite nose, but I don’t have a hefty nose either. Here I used the scale down option to create a more appealing nose. I guess I am too literal a person for Picassohead. Making the portrait itself was stirring after I had a vision of what I wanted to achieve. Trying to share the image has proven to be difficult.


I clicked on the share button on the web site and it gave me several options. First, I shared to Facebook, just for fun. Then I shared to my blog. All this accomplished was sharing a link to the image, not the image itself. I went back to see if there was a way to download the image, or copy it. I finally used the snipping tool to save the image so that I could share it here. I posted a question to the discussion board so hopefully someone else knows how to share from the website without snipping.

 



The more I look at it the more it looks like Michael Jackson to me.  I don't look like Michael Jackson in real life!  :)

ISTE/NETS
2a. design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity. If this assignment doesn't promote creativity I don't know what would!
3a.demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations. Because I had to use the snipping tool to share my image in this blog post I consider that the transfer of current knowledge to new situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment