Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Windows Movie Maker

Again, this assignment was something I've never done before.  I imported my PowerPoint slides to movie maker.  After I added them to the storyboard and played with the transitions I got stuck. I had a tough time trying to convert the file from  .MSWMM file to a .WMV file.  As usual, I was making this far more difficult than it was.  I hunted through every option and eventually Googled it.  I came to realize that all I needed to do was publish my video, which I had already done.  If I had been paying closer attention I would have saved myself some frustration and time.  Once I had the correct file type I uploaded my movie to YouTube. 




ISTE/NETS
3a. demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations. I knew that I'd need a .WMV file to upload to YouTube.  I had to transfer my current knowledge from using PhotoStory to Windows Movie Maker. 
3c. communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats. Using video is a great way to communicate, especially with students.  Also, using YouTube to publish videos is a great way to store a movie as well as allow students access from home.
5a. participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.  YouTube can definitely be used as a global learning community.

No comments:

Post a Comment