Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Self Assessmnet

I completed my self assessment on November 1, 2010, but it just occurred to me that I might need to write a blog post about it.  After more carefully reviewing the assignment, sure enough a post was required. This self assessment  tool is a good way for students to know if they are on target with this class.  I have done each assignment to the best of my ability, usually spending several hours researching, exploring,  planning, and completing each new task.  All of my work (with the exception of this post), has been on time and complete.  I have learned more in this class then any other class I've taken.  On the flip side of that coin I have been more pressured and stressed about this class than any other class I have taken.  I'm excited about the new tools I have learned about and am glad they are documented in this blog for future reference.
ISTE/NETS
 2 b.develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress. The way this class is designed, and this assignment in particular, allows me as a student to assess my own progress and manage my own learning.
2d. provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching.  Because this is a self assessment this standard obviously applies.

No comments:

Post a Comment