Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ignite

Even though Ignite is an effective tool to keep presentations short and audience interest up, I think it is a little restrictive for a classroom environment. 15 seconds is not enough time to introduce (or review) an idea, and still allow time for discussion. Even as a student project I would probably allow some flexibility concerning timing and the number of slides.
Uploading to Slideshare was more user friendly this time, however my transitions did not upload correctly.  It took me three tries to get the timing correct on PowerPoint.  On Slideshare my presentation zips by in less than half the time! I'm finding that I'm not a fan of Slideshare. Here is my presentation, hope you can speed-read.


ISTE/NETS
1a. promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness. Both using the Ignite format, and asking students to use it, promotes, supports, and models creative and innovative thinking.
2a. design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity. Again, using PowerPoint promotes both student learning and creativity. I think students presenting their PowerPoint presentation to their peers is a relevant learning experience in preparation for both college and the work force.
3c. communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats. PowerPoint, and possibly the Ignite format, can help teachers and students communicate effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment