Monday, October 25, 2010

Photostory

There were so many lessons to be learned with this assignment.  To begin with, I had to find the correct version of PhotoStory to download. Once that was done I did my research on cyberbullying and created an outline for my movie.  Then I imported  pictures.  Actually creating the movie was pretty fun, I liked it and look forward to creating movies for my class.  I think this would be a great option for both introducing a new topic, or reviewing a topic.  I was really nervous about changing the file type to be compatible with YouTube, but it was much simpler than I thought.  I knew that a wmv file would work for YouTube and PhotoStory allowed me to save my project as that type of file.  I also learned how to upload to YouTube, as I have never done that before either.  Placing videos on YouTube will allow students to access them from anywhere they have Internet access.  Here is a link to my PhotoStory.
ISTE/NETS
3d. model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning. This assignment required me to do all of these activities.  Because we created informational videos I used digital tools to locate, research, and create.
3c. communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.  Using PhotoStory and YouTube are great ways to communicate with others.
3a. demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.  I definitely had to transfer my knowledge of file types, and how to import and export in order to complete this assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment