Friday, October 15, 2010

Prezi

Wow!  Prezi is an interesting way to present an idea or lesson.  I don't think I like it better than traditional slides, but it is good to have more than one option.  I do think that students will respond positively to both viewing and creating a Prezi.  One thing I like better about PowerPoint is the outline option.  That helps me to get and stay organized.  In Prezi I had a hard time making everything proportionate.  I also don't like the idea of a viewer hunting all over my presentation instead of following my predetermined path.  In addition, creating my presentation in Prezi made me a little nauseous.  I tried to use frames, but then I could not figure out how to connect my path to a frame.  One advantage to Prezi is the ability to go from one idea to the next easily, or to return to an idea.  With PowerPoint, this would require pushing through many slides to find the one you want. With Prezi, up to 10 students can also collaborate on a presentation on line. Overall, I think I like Powerpoint better, but it may be that I am just more comfortable with it.  Here is my presentation.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment