Sunday, October 10, 2010

Labels

When I first looked at this assignment I said "WHAT?"  Then I looked at it a few more times, I looked at the examples and screencast, and still said "What?"  So I decided to just get into PowerPoint and see if I could figure it out.  It took me awhile, but I did figure it out. After completing my first slide I knew I would not be able to do it again if I needed to, I wasn't really sure how I did it to begin with.  So I created a second slide, it is basically the same thing, but I wanted the practice.  Again, it took me awhile to figure out how to add a second trigger, but now I think I've got it!  I love the group feature, which I did not know existed before this assignment.  It was so easy to change the color on all of my labels at once!
I think the ftp part of this assignment was just as difficult, if not more difficult than creating the slide itself.  With a little help from my husband, I think we've got it figured out. Here is my slide.
Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.


ISTE/NETS


2 b. develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress. This activity allowed me to create a slide I could easily use in the classroom.  I also managed my own learning by completing this task through trial and error.  And I assessed my own learning.  I knew I did not "get" it with my first attempt, so I did it again.  This would be a great tool to use in the classroom for both teacher and student created presentations. I think these tools will help to make presentations more clear and dynamic. 
1a. promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness. This activity definitely promoted creative and innovative thinking for me.  To begin with my triggers were backwards and the hide button made my labels appear!  I took the long way around to fix this, but in doing so I learned how to manipulate animations. 
2c. customize and personalize learning activities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources. Not knowing anything about customizing labels, creating groups, or using triggers, this activity addressed my individual working strategies and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment